Hello again! This time around, can you point me towards some mom gifts for Christmas? My mom is in her fifties, loves teapots, flower scents, pastels, and cats, and she is more of a farm-lady than a fancy lady. I appreciate it! Happy holidays!
hello! i actually received your sweet note plus another one (from an anon) also asking me about mom gifts!! i’ve compiled a quick list of great gifts for moms for you (and all the other sons & daughters looking for unique ideas!) below …
etsy is THE place to discover original, handmade and super special jewelry pieces for your mom to love. check out these options:
- mamaslittlenugget is one of many shops on etsy selling hand-stamped, personalize-able jewelry that can highlight family initials, special dates, you name it! they’re also a new follower of EFOTD here on tumblr, so be sure to check out christina’s shop and say hi! :D
- i also LOVE this roman numeral hand-stamped date necklace … get your mom’s birthdate, your birthdate, or another special date stamped on that bad boy.
- and this rose gold initial-stamped necklace would be perfect for the not-as-fancy mom — great for everyday wear.
from head to toe, you can find awesome gift ideas right here on etsyfindoftheday :)
- cozy knit scarves & cowls are all the rage in winter — layering is fun! have a look at this multi-colored one i just found by denizgunes, or scroll through the 'scarf' listings i’ve already posted in the past.
- i know my mom loves purses — have a look at the colorful options (including a few pastels!) over at bayanhippo or WI-based milkhausdesign. i’ve bought gifts from both shops before! i’ve been loving the rustic and very affordable options over at kakastore, too.
- additionally, check out the purse and clutch listings already featured on EFOTD.
- keep mom’s tootsies superwarm with a new pair of socks or slippers from etsy!! here’s a pretty felted wool pair by onstail and some chunky knitted socks by rgideas — and more!!
make mom smell
… with a new fragrance! heh heh ;) you probably already know if your mom prefers floral or spicy or clean scents, but if you don’t, go for clean — it’s innocuous and light. options:
- some personal faves for fragrance on etsy: ripeshop, themefragrance, and olivineatelier. they’ve all got several types, from oils to body sprays to solids.
- also check out what’s already been posted on EFOTD under ‘perfume.’
- if you’re sketched out by choosing a new scent for your mom, fear not — a candle is always a safe bet!! peruse what’s available at some of my top go-to’s for candles: bigwhiteyeti (of course!), cocoandbubbles, sydneyhaleco, and even beakcandles, which pours the soy wax right into scientific glassware! nerdsnort :)
- here are the ‘candle' listings from EFOTD, too.
so that’s just a few quick ideas. i didn’t touch on teapots or cats, but with a quick etsy search you could narrow down even MORE ideas! if you’re still on the hunt, hit me up and let me know so i can help more. thanks so much for reaching out!!